Start Each Day With A Grateful Heart


Oh, my sweet boy! Where do I begin? Entering into my 26th week of pregnancy & baby boy is growing fast! He is really starting to roll around & has started interacting when you poke my belly. He's not afraid to kick or punch back.
I had my ultrasound to recheck his heart & he was given the all clear. All four chambers of his heart were looking amazing & he's caught up to where he needs to be. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am feeling that he is healthy. We are looking at March 1st, 2018 as his birthday and my OB has made me feel very comfortable with having a repeat C-section.

This pregnancy has been FAR from anything that I experienced with Penelope. My pregnancy with Penelope started out with 5 minutes of morning sickness as soon as I woke up from weeks 6-10. I had insomnia, but even then, I didn't feel too horrible or tired. I had food adversions during the first trimester, but those left as quick as they came. I didn't get headaches and my skin was always glowing. Let's talk about this pregnancy. . . hCG that never doubled properly, Vanishing Twin Syndrome, off & on bleeding throughout the first trimester, hypermesis until 20 weeks, migraines, his heart not measuring correctly, etc. Talk about two completely different pregnancies! I've always hear that no two pregnancies are the same, but WOW! In all of this, I still find myself extremely thankful, hopeful, and always in awe! Unless you have gone through this, I don't think I am able to convey it the way I really would like to.

I went to Washington for a couple days to get away from everything that has been going on here for the last couple months. It was a breath of fresh air to be in my element with my family. It snowed on my first day there and it was the big fat fluffy white flakes. Exactly what I was hoping for. I watched one of the most amazing girls marry an amazing man! Jyss was a beautiful bride and her now husband has to be the kindest man that I have met in a very long time. I was so happy to see her finally happy and in her element. Did I mention her family welcomed me with open arms at the venue when I went to help set up? Just a cute cute cute family overall. I was able to spend some amazing quality time with my godparents and my little brother. I was a little bothered by the fact that so many of my friends were telling me that they needed to see me, but when I got there they were no where to be found. I ended up talking to my brother about it and he made me feel a lot better. He reassured me that I needed the time to just reflect on myself and my life before the baby gets here and not to be upset with friends. I also realize that some of my friends don't have the same responsibilities that I do and they don't understand that I don't want to stay out until the bar closes. I'm more understanding after talking with my little brother and my husband.

I think I mentioned the baby shower in the last post. I came home from WA and was to go look at a couple places to see if any of them were a fit for our needs. We decided on the rec center, but then we were hit with the fact that they don't allow reservations until 6 weeks out to allow the city sport teams, officials, or community things to have first dibs on any rooms. Totally acceptable. That would put us at mid December to make a reservation. Cool! Well, then we would have to fill out applications for us to be able to reserve whatever rooms are available IF any are. Not too shabby. However, the applications take a strict 2-3 weeks to be approved. Ok, it's kind of pushing it, but I can deal. She then let me know that baby showers and birthday parties get pushed to the bottom of things and are more likely to take the 3 weeks to approve. That gives up 3 weeks to order invitations and send them out. So we have decided our home is more than likely to be where we have our baby shower. I was bummed, but I am able to make due with what we are blessed with and right now, our cozy home and garage are going to be put to use. Not as glamorous as Gio and I are usually do, but we are excited nonetheless.


Will update soon!

XOXO,

Jes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New . . .

All That Jitters. . . Could Lead To An Amazing Idea!

Tigger & Retrieval