Tigger & Retrieval


I didn't update on Monday like planned, but it's been a whirlwind of emotions. I went into my appointment on Monday and had my follicles checked up on. Thankfully the number went from 37 to 30 and my doctor was more than thrilled. having PCOS and so many follicles put me at a greater chance for OHSS. I had my estrogen level checked and was told to wait by the phone because it could be the day for trigger! I was so happy when my favorite nurse called and told me to take my trigger at 8:30 and that egg retrieval would be Wednesday!!! I have been waiting anxiously for this whole process to come! Next was trying to find someone that would be willing to give me my intramuscular HCG injection that is done on the butt cheek. If you know my husband, then you know that he is the type of person that needs a lollipop and TWO stickers when he has to get his blood drawn. He gets weak behind the knees even if I even describe something that might be gnarly. My best friend Justine is a bartender and a nursing student. It's pretty obvious that she would volunteer her services as she isn't afraid of needles, but she was working that night. She kept telling me to come down and she'd give me the shot in the bathroom, but I was told the easiest and least painful way to do it is by laying down. Now, if I was 21 and wasted, I probably could have laid on the bathroom floor. Lord knows living in Vegas I have passed out on bathroom floors before, but this..... we agreed not to do. Lol!
My friend Julia volunteered and was super comfortable doing it since she has a chest port that she deals with. Jackpot! I can't begin to tell you all how lucky I am to have this woman in my life. She has been there from the day that I met Giovanni in 2011. She is uplifting and such a powerful woman. She could tell I was super nervous and she offered to pray with me. I felt so centered and wonderful after the prayer and made me not so nervous. She did the injection super swift and gave me a smack on the ass to seal the deal! Didn't even bruise!
I had some adverse reactions to the hCG trigger shortly after we left Julia's home. I started feeling very anxious after eating and before you know it I was throwing up from the anxiety. I had to run a hot bath adding some lavendar oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and epsom salt and just let myself soak it all in. I was finally able to calm down after the bath and began to feel normal again.

Wednesday came and my side kick, Justine, and I were at my doctor's office at 8 AM. Gio had to work so he was running about 20 minutes behind us. I was taken back and had my IV started. My doctor came in about 20 minutes later to tell me good morning and confirm that I still had 30 mature follicles to work with. He was hopeful that we would get at least 20 awesome eggs during the retrieval process.
I was whisked away by the anesthesiologist rather quickly. She didn't want to wait for Giovanni to arrive even though my nurse and doctor said that they wanted to make sure Gio could tell me, "Good Luck". Oh well. I can get over that. I got myself onto the chair and was given oxygen and a cocktail of medication. My favorite nurse was rubbing my arm as I drifted off to sleep. Scariest thing was WAKING UP in the middle of the procedure. I woke up groggy and saw Sherice first. I said, "Hi!" before hearing, "Ooops! Just a little more medication!" I woke up later in my little room and waited for my husband or Justine to come back. My doctor came back and let me know that he was a little disappointed with the outcome. Out of 30 mature follicles all were empty, but 6. My heart was crushed. He told me that he would be calling me tomorrow with the results of how many fertilized. I can't even begin to tell you how anxious and worried I am. I made the decision last night that I wouldn't be doing another round of IVF. Due to not having as many eggs as expected, we will probably be transferring two embryos. If they make it.

Please keep us in your thoughts and positive energy.

XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New . . .

All That Jitters. . . Could Lead To An Amazing Idea!